More info about Sumac's music program is coming soon...
Sumac's music program is made possible through parent donations to Sumac's Parent-Faculty Association (PFA).
Notes for the 2015-2016 school year:
- We have made a few changes in the music program to better meet the needs of students and present a solid program
- Currently the music teacher, Noreen Valdes, is contracted to work 13 hours a week
- She will work with students in grades K-2 for the first half of the year in the music room, connected to the MPR
- Students in grades 3-5 will receive program throughout the second half of the year
- Programs will last 45 minutes and she is given planning time to prepare lessons
- A morning chorus will be available in English and Spanish on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, before school for the grades that are not receiving explicit music instruction
- Music will begin our second week of school, chorus will begin in mid September
- We anticipate a holiday program for those students in grades K-2 (date TBA), and a spring performance for those students in grades 3-5 (date TBA)